‘The most surprising thing I discovered’ UGC competition terms and conditions
- By entering the prize draw you are agreeing to these prize draw terms and conditions.
- The prize draw is being run by Exeter Historic Buildings Trust (EHBT).
Eligibility to enter
- The prize draw is open to entrants over 18 years of age.
- In entering the competition, you confirm that you are eligible to do so and eligible to claim any prize you may win.
- A maximum of one entry per individual is permitted.
- The prize draw is free to enter.
How to enter
- The prize draw is open to entrants over 18 years of age up to midnight on 31st August 2023. Entries after that time and date will not be included in the competition.
- To enter the competition you need to post a photo and ‘the most surprising thing you discovered’ on your visit to St Nicholas Priory using the hashtag #mostsurprsingthing and tagging us on Facebook or Instagram – @nixpriory.
- EHBT will not accept responsibility if we do not see your post because you didn’t use the tags.
- The prize will be one £25 ‘In Exeter’ gift voucher.
- EHBT’s use of particular brands as prizes does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement of such brands.
- The winner will be drawn at random.
- The prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and no cash alternatives will be offered.
- We reserve the right to substitute prizes with another prize of equal or higher value if circumstances beyond our control make it necessary to do so.
- The decision of EHBT regarding any aspect of the competition is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into about it.
- The winner will be notified after 1st September 2023 via an announcement on our social media sites and a direct Facebook message (if posted on Facebook).
- TLC will attempt to contact the winner up to two times.
- If the winner does not respond to posts/messages notifying them of their win within 14 days of the second post, they will lose their right to the prize, and EHBT reserves the right to choose and notify a new winner.
Receipt of the prize
- Please allow 14 days for delivery of the prize or alternative collection or delivery arrangements may be made through mutual agreement.
Use of your content (“The Content”)
- By entering this competition, you hereby grant EHBT a perpetual, global, non-exclusive, royalty-free, assignable licence to edit, publish, adapt, exploit, modify or otherwise use the Content as part of EHBT’s marketing campaigns including but not limited to on webpages and social media pages, in promotional e-mails and advertisements, and in any and all other marketing, promotional and advertising initiatives, and in any media now or hereafter known.
- By accepting these Terms you:
(a) waive any rights regarding approving any finished product produced by EHBT which contains the Content;
(b) waive any rights regarding receiving any form of monetary or other compensation for our use of the Content; and
(c) acknowledge that you and anyone whose image is contained within the Content are happy for that image to be used by EHBT as part of their marketing campaigns.
- In the event that you wish to withdraw your consent for us to use the Content, then please contact [email protected]. Please note that EHBT Ltd will not be able to remove the Content from any already published product or finished product that EHBT or its agents and partners have already created.
Data protection and publicity
- You consent to any personal information you provide in entering the prize draw being used by EHBT for the purposes of administering the competition, and for those purposes as defined within our privacy notice.
- All entrants may apply for details of the winning participant by contacting us at [email protected].
- The winner agrees to the release of their name to any other competition participants if requested via EHBT.
- All personal information shall be used in accordance with EHBT’s Privacy Notice.
- By accepting these Terms you acknowledge and warranty that:
(a) the Content does not infringe on any third party’s rights (including, but not limited to, any rights of copyright, trademark, privacy or other intellectual property rights);
(b) the Content does not contain anything defamatory, obscene or otherwise unlawful;
(c) the Content does not breach, or risk being in breach of any UK law or other applicable law; and
(d) you are fully entitled to and have the legal capacity to enter into this agreement, and that you are at least 18 years old.
Limitation of Liability
- EHBT does not accept any liability for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any entrants as a result of either participating in the competition or being selected for a prize, save that EHBT does not exclude its liability for death or personal injury as a result of its own negligence.
- EHBT reserves the right to cancel the prize draw or amend these terms and conditions at any time, without prior notice.
- The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales